03 February 2008

The Secret of the Sea (Hobby, Mug, Reticent, Knife, Intrigue)

It was a breezy evening & I was standing in the balcony of my house overlooking the sea. The waves seemed to be calling for me solemnly & smiling with a kindness like never before....perhaps wanting to share a secret. I felt gullible, friendly and as always, intrigued by the mysterious water lip. I decided to nothing the distance between the waves & myself. Resigning from all the worldly hobbies which I have been pursuing with dwindling interest all these years in a sort of mundane manner, only because it was woven into my way of life somehow & somewhere, I ran towards the sea - eager & proud. Eager, to listen to the secret of the eternal life that the waves seemed to be holding on to, so strongly for its immortal lifetime across the lifetime of innumerable mortals. And proud, because the sea chose me, to relay on the mystery. I ran & ran, with open arms as if ready to embrace the sea for its graceful, long-awaited kindness; my feet not feeling the sand on the beach, my mind detached from attachments whatsoever. As I got to the shore hued in vivid desperation, the sea welcomed me subtly with its swish of overwhelming passion – as if liberating years of pent up love for me – was this the secret? The breeze seemed to nod in acceptance, brushing against me in a soft & fresh murmur. The sea, unbelievably, had knifed its years of reticence, slightly mugging from the pain - it was not much and the breeze soothingly washed it out in no time. I was ecstatic. I began to swim deeper & deeper into the sea, whispering in awe, the revealed secret. I wanted to get closer, get one with the sea....I swam so deep that the mortal world was not visible anymore & the shared secret would be unseen, unheard of & secretive. I stayed there for long, soaking in the subtle vastness of eternal love. And when I came out, I was flying, high above the loneliness that had shadowed me like a loyal companion all my life, high above the ordinary, high above avoidable emotions that had sometimes made my vision misty; high, unlearnt & with a crystal vision, high, feeling light without the burden of the mortal form, free at last...

~I am Meera & this is my debut five word visit. My relationships fuel me up. Challenges, word(l)y & otherwise, are a stir. I love making people laugh, though my verse this time is one of the exceptions (sometimes exceptions seem to occur without any exception!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hats off to your writing skill. Its superb. "sometimes exceptions seem to occur without any exception!" - this quote is really superb.

Anonymous said...

I am pleased with your vocabulary and reading through all the write-ups has rejuvenated me and also my interest in you.