13 April 2008

Milkshakes (Testing, Fundraiser, Mint, Car Wash, Pizza)

I have an idea for a really cool school fundraiser: a challenge to drink one of every milkshake on our local Cookout Restaurant's menu within one week. And, on top the requisite stomach capacity, here’s an additional twist: you can’t gain ANY weight! The person who drinks his or her way through the menu, (approximately 45 different varieties) without gaining an a single ounce would be the winner and receive some cheesy t-shirt at the final weigh-in ceremony. The proceeds to the school would come from the entry fees. Also, maybe we could talk Cookout into donating a part of the sales on each shake bought for the competition. I think we could pitch it as great publicity.

Each entrant would weigh in at the beginning of the week, keep up with a menu card that Cookout employees punch as they purchase and drink each flavor (verified by an eyewitness, of course), and then weigh in at the end of the week. What do you think? Personally, I believe this would be much more fun (and profitable) than just another carwash or pizza sale!

I’m planning on testing the process out next week. Some quick math says I need to target seven shakes a day Monday through Friday and then taper off to just five on Saturday and Sunday. I think I’m going with classic chocolate, followed by Oreo mint, then blueberry cheesecake, and a banana pineapple chaser. After that, I’ll take a break for a couple of hours or so until I’m ready to pick it back up with caramel fudge, then orange push-up, and finally finish the day with peach.

My strategy is to drink the most disgusting mix of flavors each day in order to induce vomiting, and hence, no weight gain! I’ll let you know how it turns out.

~To see a picture of Cookout’s milkshake menu, see Belinda’s blog at Upside Down Bee!

No comments: